Level 2 Award in Drug Awareness for Licensed Premises Staff
Why Should I do this Course? And What Will I Get from it?
The Level 2 Award in Drug Awareness for Licensed Hospitality Staff is a qualification designed for anyone working on licensed premises, to help them identify and minimise the impact of illegal / controlled drugs.
The Level 2 Award in Drug Awareness is designed for all staff in the licensed hospitality sector; including pubs, bars, clubs, nightclubs, hotels, restaurants, events, leisure centres and other licensed premises. It is suitable for:
• Bar Staff • Waiting Staff • Managers & Supervisors • Event Staff • Designated Premises Supervisors (DPS) • Security Staff & Door Supervisors • Stewards • Local Authority Officers • and many more…
There are in excess of 1 million Cocaine users, 2.5 million Cannabis users, 500,000 Ecstasy users, 250,000 Ketamine users, 400,000 Crack-Cocaine / Heroin addicts and countless others including users of Meth-Amphetamine, Mephedrone and countless ‘legal highs’ / ‘designer drugs’; nowhere in the UK can claim to be entirely drug free.
Licensed premises attract a disproportionate number of illegal drug users and the Licensing Act 2003 makes specific reference to the effect of illegal drugs on licensed premises and the importance of combating their impact, through its ‘Prevention of Crime & Disorder’ licensing objective.
The Award in Drug Awareness is designed to allow professionals working within the sector to recognise and respond to the problems faced by the possession, use and dealing of illegal drugs.
By understanding legislation in relation to the use of illegal drugs on licensed premises, the Award in Drug Awareness allows licence holders and designated premises supervisors to protect their premises licence; by enforcing a zero tolerance policy and implementing proactive prevention strategies.
The qualification provides not only the latest information on the ‘drugs scene’, but also uncovers the myths and uncomfortable truths which surround the ‘drug culture’ and allows businesses to genuinely strive towards a drug free environment. On successful completion of the course you will recieve your Level 2 Award in Drug Awareness for Licensed Premises Staff.
The use of our “Drug & Substance Misuse Training Materials” during the training, provides a realistic approach to help learners identify the different types of common illegal substances and parafanalia they may encounter in their workplace.
What will the Course Syllabus include?
- The law and trends relating to illegal drugs
- Drug related legislation
- Drug problems particular to licensed premises
- Operational guidelines for devising a drugs strategy
- Keeping drugs out of licensed premises
- Public safety issues where drug misuse occurs on licensed premises
- Guidelines for dealing with drug dealers
How will I be assessed?
- 30 question multiple-choice examination paper.
- Successful candidates must achieve a score of at least 24 out of 30.
- Examination duration – 25 minutes.
Guided learning hours for this unit are 10 hours.