Level 1 Award in Alcohol Awareness
Why Should I do this Course? And What Will I Get from it?
The Level 1 Award in Alcohol Awareness meets the growing need for alcohol education in the National Curriculum, as well as giving those who successfully pass the examination a nationally recognised Level 1 qualification.
The Award is designed to educate and inform both children and adults about the social, economic, career and health impacts of alcohol, and the importance of the licensed retail sector to the local and national economy.
The Award provides a qualification for people to show they understand the social and physical effects of alcohol, as well as appreciating the positive aspects of the contribution to the economy made by the licensed retail sector.
What will the Course Syllabus include?
- Awareness of the licensed retail industry
- The nature of alcohol
- Awareness of the strengths of alcohol by volume & unit
- Understanding the effects of drinking alcohol
- Awareness of the problems with alcohol
- Awareness of the dangers of alcohol, sexual health and drink spiking
- Understanding the dangers of drink driving
- Understanding basic licensing law
- Awareness of licensing offences under the Licensing Act 2003
- Understanding the relationship between drugs and licensed premises
- Understanding the relationship between offensive weapons and licensed premises
- Understanding how the licensed retail industry encourages responsible drinking
How will I be assessed?
- 25 question multiple-choice examination paper.
- Successful candidates must achieve a score of at least 13 out of 25.
- Examination duration – 30 minutes.
Guided learning hours for this unit are 10 hours.